Martina Bechter, Paul Schober (eds.)
Join In a Job! Practitioner´s manual. A career guide for migrants
Innsbruck, Wien, Bozen: Studienverlag 2010.
ISBN: 978-3-7065-4971-4; 176 pages; incl. CD-ROM, € 19,90
Hafelekar Series Volume 5
The intercultural career guidance method “Join In a Job!” aims at empowering young people with migration background for the job market and VET. A portfolio of questionnaires, diagnostic tools and worksheets assist career guidance officers in their work with young migrants – country specific tools are available here on CD for practitioners in Austria, Germany, Ireland, Italy and Poland.
8 hints for using “Join In a Job!”
- Experiences in career guidance and intercultural work are essential to use the method effectively.
- Before using the method, get involved with the variety of tools and diagnostic instruments first.
- It is not intended to use all instruments for all clients – this is rather a toolkit!
- Rephrase personal questions to what is appropriate for the individual client.
- Mind maps visualize the holistic approach: various living areas are important for the job search.
- Parts of the method can also be used in group settings.
- The most suitable career guidance setting is a long-term one.
- Clients are experts of their own (professional) life!
This book was produced and published within the EU-Leonardo Transfer of Innovation project Join In a Job!